Saturday 21 April 2012

Zero XU Registration Problem

18-Apr-2012 Zero XU Registration Problem
First setback. Tried to register the XU at my local Service Ontario office. The clerk did not know how to process it. They contacted some Service Ontario/MTO "hotline" who then informed the clerk that "no electric motorcycle can be registered for road use in Ontario". The clerk faxed the NVIS to the person at the MTO "hotline" and then informed me she would call me with more information when available.

Upon returning home I contacted the Electric Vehicle Council of Ottawa (EVCO) http://evco.ca/ who advised me that bike should be legal for road use and offered to help out with the process. I declined the offer for now. I investigated a couple of other avenues but no luck so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment